Energy Theory and Science has confirmed that everything in the universe is made up of energy. The human body, which seems solid, is actually vibrating energy or light, at a slow enough frequency to be visible.
According to ancient wisdom, the human body has energy pathways within it which are called Chakras, or "Wheels of Life." These pathways supply nourishing Vital Life Force Energy to all our organs and cells throughout the body. The Chakras are a network through which the body, mind, and spirit interact as one holistic system.
There is also a energy field which flows around us called the Aura. because this Life Force Energy is responsive to our thoughts and feelings, mental energy can become "blocked" in our subtle energy system due to negative thoughts and feelings which can become attached to our energy field, and in turn cause the energy flow to become disrupted. This disruption can diminish the flow of vital life energy to our organs and cells, and lead to symptoms of Imbalance on the mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual level.
There are 7 Major Energy Chakras in the body, and each correlates to a specific Color, Element, Organ/Gland, and body function.
1st-ROOT CHAKRA: (sits at the base of the spine.)
- Color is Red Element is Earth
- Deals with: Survival Needs (money issues, ability to provide)
- Blocked by: Fear to provide for life's securities, money issues, survival needs
- Glands/Organs: Reproductive, Male Prostate Gland,Adrenals, Bladder., Rectum
- Physical Imbalances: Degenerative arthritis, sexual dysfunction, knee pain, hip pain, eating disorders, constipation
- Emotional Imbalances: Not feeling supported, money worries, feeling undesired
- When Balanced: We feel supported, grounded, safe and connected to the physical world
2nd-SACRAL CHAKRA: (2" below the navel)
- Creativity, Sexuality, Addictions, motions
- Color: Orange
- Element: Water
- Glands/Organs: Colon, Small Intestine, 2nd Chakra, Spleen, Womb
- Imbalances include sexual and reproductive issues, colon issues, kidney & spleen problems, urinary, low back pain, co-dependency, depression, anxiety
- When Balanced, we feel committed, creative in all ways, passionate, grounded, sexual and outgoing
3rd-SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA: (located 3" above the navel)
- Personal Power, Self-Esteem
- Color: Yellow
- Element: Fire
- Glands/Organs: Stomach, Gallbladder, Liver, Spleen, Pancreas, Adrenal Gland
- Imbalances include: liver dysfunction, chronic fatigue, diabetes, high blood pressure, colon disease, stomach ulcers, pancreas and gallbladder issues
- Negative Qualities include being manipulative, lack of purpose or ambition, excessive control issues
- When Balanced: we feel self confident, have self respect, and committed
- Unconditional love, Forgiveness, Acceptance
- Color: Green
- Element: Air
- Glands /Organs: Heart, Thymus, Lung, Immune System
- Physical Imbalances include heart disease, lung disease, asthma, upper back and shoulder problems, breast problems.
- Imbalances include jealousy, abandonment, heart problems, circulation problems.
- When Balanced: we feel unconditional love, compassionate, forgiveness of self and others, understanding, acceptance,at peace with self and others, gratitude, and trust.
- Communication, Sound, Speech
- Color: Blue
- Element: Ether
- Glands /Organs: Throat, Thyroid, Tongue, Mouth, Hypothalamus
- Physical Imbalances: Thyroid problems, throat, neck, mouth, tongue
- Negative Qualities: Communication problems both written and spoken, fear to speak one's truth, thyroid problems, mouth problems, lack of discernment, tells lies.
- When Balanced: we feel true communication, truthful,creative expression in speaking and writing.
6th-THIRD EYE CHAKRA: (Brow)
- Intuition, Psychic, Imagination, Clairvoyance, Knowing
- Color: Purple
- Element: Light
- Glands /Organs: pituitary gland, left eye, ears & nose, nervous system, frontal brain, sinuses.
- Physical Imbalances: include blurred vision, headaches, sinus infections, hearing loss, hormone function.
- Negative Qualities: exaggerated imagination, overly detached from the world, rejection of the spiritual.
- When balanced: we feel focused, clairvoyance, psychic, intuition, spiritual connection.
- Enlightenment, Spiritual Connection
- Color: Violet
- Element: Thought /Will
- Glands/Organs: pineal gland, cerebral cortex, central nervous system, right eye
- Negative Qualities: Lack of inspiration, confusion, alienation, senility, rigid thoughts, depression.
- When Balanced: we feel spiritual connection, wisdom, selfless service, perception beyond space and time, accepting of self and others.